The Rotary Club of Mystic Grant Application Process and Instructions
SPRING 2017 GRANT CYCLE OPENING
On FEBRUARY 20, 2017, the SPRING 2017 CYCLE opens and applications will be accepted online until the cycle CLOSES on MARCH 31, 2017
The Rotary Club of Mystic provides hundreds of volunteer hours to many community services and, through its annual fundraising efforts, returns over $20,000 to the local area in form of grants and scholarships.
Our largest fundraiser is the Mystic Half Marathon. This amazing half marathon course showcases Connecticut’s premier waterfront town. Starting and finishing at the Olde Mistick Village, the tour will bring you past the Mystic Seaport, over the Mystic Draw Bridge, along stunning River Road, and down classic New England country roads.
The next scheduled Mystic Half Marathon is to be held on Sunday, May 21, 2017. The run has been approved and expanded to over 2,000 runners.
In addition, funds are raised by selling Del’s Lemonade at local Mystic festivities such as the Mystic Outdoor Art Festival, as well as, other events throughout the year.
All net proceeds from these fundraising efforts are distributed to local 501(c)3 non-profit organizations and scholarships are awarded to local area high school students advancing their education at the college level.
Twice a year, the Rotary Club of Mystic donates funds to help strengthen the works of local non-profit organizations primarily serving the Groton, Mystic and Stonington areas. Organizations are encouraged to apply for grants from the club’s Contributions Committee in a range of $250 to a maximum of $1,000.
Applications are reviewed on the basis of need, number of clients being benefited and the area being served.
One full grant cycle must be skipped between requests from any given organization. (Apply every other cycle for consideration). Those organizations that received awards in the most previous cycle will automatically be eliminated.
All applications, regardless of amount requested, will be assessed individually.
SOME THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Our application process and our forms have been updated and you are encouraged to read all directions prior to completing the grant request
- Applications must be downloaded from the website (download link below)
- Complete the application via computer
- All items in red are required and must be filled in
- NO applications may be delivered by U.S. Postal Service, by hand, or otherwise submitted
(Only email delivery accepted)
- The Contributions Committee will confirm receipt of your application. If you haven’t heard from us within 48 hours, please resubmit
- Any questions regarding the completion of the application may be directed via email to:
Nancy Lee MacMillan, Chairman
- If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please contact our webmaster via email to:
John Merkel, Webmaster
NOTE: Before beginning, please be sure you are using the MOST CURRENT version of your web browser. CHROME users will see the application indicated as a WORD file, however, it is NOT. After you have clicked on the link below, look for the CHROME download button and
1) Click download button
2) CHROME should describe the application as a PDF FILE
3) Save it to your hard disk (you may then edit that version)
4) If problems persist, send email to WEBMASTER
5) Whether using CHROME, FIREFOX, INTERNET EXPLORER – you may be prohibited
from “filling in” the application online. Solution is to download the application to
your hard drive, then open in ADOBE ACROBAT READER to “fill it in”
NOTE: The boxes on the second page of the application will allow you to enter more text than will fit in the boxes. We would prefer you make each of your statements concise enough to fit in its box. But if you do overflow, don't worry - the Contributions Committee will be able to see all of your text and use it in evaluating your grant request.
APPLICATION FOR GRANT